Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Taking Down Christmas

 
Perhaps it was because New Year's Day was also put out the garbage day on my street, but none the less, I was a bit stunned to see several Christmas trees put out for pick up by early afternoon.  I was still in denial that our two weeks long vacation would be over in a few short days, so that sight was an unpleasant awakening for me. 
 


This coming weekend is the earliest that I would consider taking down my decorations, partially because some of my family celebrate Orthodox Christmas, which is today. 


Another reason is because I am one of those people who like to take my holidays one at a time, and prefer not to dine on my Thanksgiving turkey within view of a Christmas tree.  It seems to me that the season begins earlier every year!  However, if your Christmas lights have been up since early November, I can certainly understand tiring of them by New Year's Day.


Once the house is lit by the glow of Christmas, however, I find myself wondering if next year will be the one in which I break down and succumb to the trend that has the season beginning on the day after Halloween. 


In any event, I don't have to pack up this cute Peanuts book with the rest of the Christmas decorations; do you notice the hearts floating around Sally's head?  Valentine's Day is just around the corner! 

What about you; are you a fan of the more traditional decorating schedule, or the current trend?  Please share, I would love to read!

xo, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita