Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice, and the living is...

Just in time for the Summer Solstice, the temperatures here in the Mid Atlantic have soared to a very hot and humid 90 plus degrees.  I've heard mention of 100+ in the cities by tomorrow, {gasp!}!  And let's not even talk heat index.

With temperatures like that, everything growing or trying to grow out there needs lots of water!  Truth be told, I wish I could turn the hose on inside too; watering plants is a breeze, and everything gets nice and clean in the process.





I really admire the resourcefulness of the bird that chose to build it's nest right next to a feeder!


To enjoy during the mid day hours when it's just too hot to be outside, blooms plucked from the local farmer's market bring summer indoors.




What did the solstice bring to your corner of the world, dear friends?  Please share; I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

5 comments:

  1. A day at work but sunshine thought not to your temperatures. Good to feel summer at last after our terrible weather of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so bright and beautiful! I just couldn't believe it when I saw the Northeast was getting hit with the 100's. I know what you mean with the watering - I get so used to going outside to water every single day, but I tend to forget the indoor plants. Today I looked and almost all the houseplants were wilted.
    We are hoping, dare I say praying, that the strange and unexpected prediction of precipitation for this week will actually come true. So far this year we've had less than one inch of rain, so anything would help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, those blooms are gorgeous in such a tranquil setting.
    What did the Solstice bring to the UK? Torrential rain, plummeting temperatures and grey skies. If this is the first day of Summer heaven help us! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it feels great to kno that Summer is now here! It's funny because here in Portugal we had so far a kind of Spring weather and today is really hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you're staying cool
    and refreshed:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita