Monday, April 2, 2012

{Vintage} April Greetings

April has arrived, Easter is in less than a week, and bright, Spring-y cuteness is everywhere! 



I found these fabulous early 1900's post cards on my favorite site for vintage images of all kinds, the NYPL Digital Gallery.



Aren't they just adorable?  I wish that post cards were still in regular use; I just love that they are card and envelope all in one.  Nothing to throw out, easy to display; what's not to love?!



I've started to look for them on my antique store trips, and have the beginnings of a nice little collection already.  They make me smile!



They are the perfect addition to a shelf or table as part of a seasonal vignette.



Do you like to assemble themed or holiday displays?  Please share; I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. I used to do seasonal decorating lots when the girls were small - along the nature table line as well as celebrations.
    I should get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cute little cards!
    Once in a while I'll get a bee in my bonnet and do a bit of random decorating, but most of our holiday themes seem to come in the form of food!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita