Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Love Lucy

I love to start my day with laughter!  Lately, I've been waking up to I Love Lucy reruns on the Hallmark channel, which has to be one of the funniest shows on television.


It seems that television audiences agree!  Since it's premier on October 15, 1951, it has never been off the air, and is seen by 40 million Americans each year.





In addition to being frequently shown in reruns on television, the series is also available on a Complete Series DVD.  While reading about this, I just discovered that they include colorized footage, the lost pilot, the not often broadcast hour long episodes, and a never released full length movie.  A dream for Lucy fans!

And for those of us who can never really get enough of Lucy, there is the Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Center in Jamestown, New York.  I have never been there, but I am thinking that a visit is in order soon, as we have family in that area.  I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

Do you have a favorite sitcom as well?  Please share; I'm always in need of a good laugh, and I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. I do enjoy Lucy, but my favorite has always been The Dick Van Dyke show. Great characters, great sets and wardrobe, fun script and Van Dyke's crazy pratfalls. It goes through popularity cycles, and I haven't found it running on any of the channels for a couple of years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIck Van Dyke is another one of my favorites! We watched that often this past winter while Bob was recovering from his surgery. I even bought a pattern and fabric to make one of Mary's stunning suits, but I never got to it. This fall for sure! One of the channels runs DvD and the Mary Tyler Moore (another fave!) on the weekends, but I can't remember which one. The next time I see it, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Lucy!!!
    My sister and I still speak in "Lucy and Ethel"
    whenever we're together....our kids just shake their
    heads at all of our private jokes.
    We both know soooooooo many scenes by heart!
    (I'm just now becoming re-acquainted with Dick Van Dyke
    and loving it)
    Oh, you are a woman after my own heart:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita