Sunday, April 8, 2012

Around The House

Happy Easter!  I hope that everyone is having the loveliest of days.  I thought that it would be fun to share some of the vintage and hand made pretties that are decorating my home for the holiday with you today; enjoy!



Decorations on the front and back of the front door.  The heart was hand cut by Bob's dad and painted by his mom.  Treasures like these are priceless!



A shelf in the dining room is the holiday home to this early 1900's post card in almost perfect condition.  I love collecting these!


The condition of this post card is not as good, but I love it just as much.




I just adore this stuffed rabbit from Giant Dwarf on Etsy.






I'm off to spend a few hours digging in the dirt; it's a perfect day for some gardening outside!  Later, we'll have a traditional Easter dinner of ham and all of the trimmings.

How are you spending your Easter Sunday?  Please share; I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

4 comments:

  1. Such lovely decorations.
    Today I spent a relaxing day sewing. We're eating venison tonight (gift from a friend) very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, the little nest in the wreath is wonderful. I love that type of naturalistic elegance. My favorite!
    I'm glad you got a chance to go dig in the dirt today. It's so much fun.
    We don't celebrate Easter per se - we are an atheist and a pantheist - but we are always celebrating life and right now there's much to enjoy in the garden and the kitchen.
    Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope digging in the dirt was divine:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, I like that red (!) duck, too!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award, come and see when you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita