Thursday, April 26, 2012

Annapolis, and a '54 'vette

We spent a lovely, lovely day last weekend by the water in Annapolis.  It was one of those perfect Spring days; sun, a cool breeze and no humidity.  Lovely!  {it may seem that I am overusing the word "lovely", but it was, it really was.}


\

I took the pictures above around the lovely couple (they are, they really are) that we spent the day with; I had to promise one half of said couple that I would not publish his image.  Some people just don't like to have their picture taken, I'm given to understand.


I, on the other hand, have no camera shyness!  When the mister spotted this beautiful 1954 Corvette parked nearby and said "let's go take pictures", I was in!  {As owners of a fun car ourselves, we welcome people to enjoy it, and generally assume that other car owners have the same feelings.  We have yet to be chased away from the cars mister loves to ogle!}







Such a beauty!  I would love to have one of these for my very own someday.

In other news, I started a dress! 



I'm making the sleeveless version on the right; it's a Simplicity pattern from 1966, and the fabric is a Liberty Tana Lawn.  Probably my favorite fabric, ever.  If you've ever sewn with it (or worn it!) you know what I mean.  I started last evening, and managed to get all of the pieces cut from the fashion fabric.  I had sadly little sewing time today however; I only managed to get one of the lining pieces cut!  Oh well; the weekend is just around the corner, and sewing time is part of the plan!

I hope that you have been having a wonderful week, dear friends!  What do you have on your work table these days?  Please share; I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. I does look a lovely place! Pete would like all the boats.
    Like you I don't really get the whole car thing but the vintage models like this one are something else. I drive a very sensible car but maybe one day (after I've won the lottery) I'll have something eye turning.
    The fabric is really pretty - I love cherry blossom prints.
    My table? Almost completed a chunky cardigan and two skirts in progress. So much looking forward to my weekend relaxation sewing time after being at work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Annapolis! Piemaker and I have much history there. Love the cute little car, too, and don't you look gorgeous in your animal-printy dress!
    I'm willing to suspend my prejudice against Liberty for that red-flowered fabric. The color and print are more than lovely. Maybe even delicious! I look forward to seeing that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeing those patterns pinned to the fabric
    brings back such a rush of memory
    from little girl days! wow...thanks for that
    emotional refresher!
    I know you'll be beautiful
    wearing whatever these lovelies
    become:)
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita