Friday, March 2, 2012

Listing My Bliss {Six}

It's Friday again, and that means it's time for a bliss list! 



It's also the second day of March already; did it catch everyone by surprise, or is it just me?  Time seems to be just flying these days!  {In a good way.}  And while much of the country has been dealing with storms, the month that "comes in as a lion" has been blissfully calm and sunny so far here in the mid-Atlantic.  There is rain in the forecast for the weekend, but fortunately for me, my only plans are to spend it at home, working on sewing projects.  Bliss.


I felt incredibly blissful when I saw a pile of cut daffodils at the market yesterday, wrapped and ready to be put into water and brought to life.  Such a sun-shiny welcome to Spring!  {Can you believe that it's just around the corner?}


Natalie Portman made me smile with bliss by her choice of gown for the Oscars, a vintage 1950's Dior.  I am always thrilled to see the vintage movement supported so beautifully!


Rounding out my bliss for this {and every} week is the mister, who fills our days with music.  Despite being advised by caregivers that he's not quite ready, he began working full days this week with a cheerful outlook and an optimistic attitude.  He even managed to find enough energy at the end of the day yesterday for a visit to his favorite local music store and then to take me out for a plate of pasta at my favorite Italian restaurant.  A spontaneous date night = bliss.


I hope that you have had a blissful week as well, dear friends!  Please consider joining the linky party on Liv Lane's Choosing Beauty blog to share, and / or tell me about it here in the comments.  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog. Love the vintage pictures. We are going to a Daffodil Festival next weekend. So glad Spring is here. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. I love the vintage lady's color-coordinated sewing room. I know you're looking forward to having your own sewing room! Hope you have a wonderful sewing weekend, and the mister continues to enjoy his fabulous recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog. So happy to have found you!! I am now following and will be back. Your Bliss List is beautiful. I am a lover of ALL things vintage. You would LOVE the book "Vintage Notions" by Amy Barickman. You should really check it out!! Seriously...you will swoon!!:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy dance over here
    for daffodils
    and spontaneous dates
    and all that is bliss to you
    ...your joy is my joy:)
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to start seeing dafoldils around here - especially blloming in the garden.
    thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One good point this week was noticing how much extra daylight we're getting now - soon be changing out clocks to "British Summer Time" for an extra hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad the mister's getting on so well! He's an absolute inspiration!
    I love daffs, they're starting to peek through the lawn now, spring flowers make me so happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A weekend of creating sounds blissful. I hope you enjoyed the sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita