Monday, March 26, 2012

In Need Of Some Creativity!


Friends, things have been pretty crazy busy here!  I seem to have a lot of demands on my time right now, and the things that I need to accomplish are of the variety that is the opposite of creative.  Necessary, but totally lacking in any sort of creative fulfillment.

I decided that before any more time passes, I really must call on the creative muses and do something that nourishes my artistic spirit.  And it's good for my productive side as well; the more artistically fulfilled I feel, the better I am at accomplishing rote life tasks.


Creativity is the invisible force behind all things seen.   The innate ability of a living element to recreate itself.  The spiritual faculty of potentiality.  The ability of human beings to bring forth onto the physical/visible level that which is conceived at the mental level (both consciously and unconsciously) and the emotional level.  (Iyanla Vanzant, One Day My Soul Just Opened Up)

I think that these words do a pretty good job of capturing what drives my need to create.  To make something that didn't exist before I brought it into being makes me very happy!  And we don't have to be a world class artist to do it; anything that we make with our own hands, even if we are following a recipe or a pattern, becomes ours alone.  No one else will do it quite the way that we do.  And that is cause for celebration! 

Have you celebrated your creativity lately?  If you haven't, I suggest setting aside a small bit of time and create something that makes your heart sing.  It's good for the soul!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. I couln't agree more - art (creativity) is therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and inspiring images, Anita! I've been woefully lacking in creativity lately, unless you count changing a zip and resewing a hem, must do better! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts on creativity! I just feel it as an almost physical need, to make something, anything. Like most urges, it gets stronger if repressed, until I start feeling quite desperate!
    So I can imagine how you must feel at this point, with all of the family visits and caretaking of the mister and everything else you have. When I worked full time I would have to schedule art breaks for myself. I would take an entire week's vacation and just lock myself in the craft room and make stuff. Another thing that would make me feel better was signing up for art retreats or craft workshops - I might have to wait a few months, but at least it was something to look forward to.
    Hope you get a chance to express your lovely creativity soon!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita