Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bliss {Nine}


This stunning green outside of my window makes me happy every time I see it!  {It has filled out quite a bit since I showed its first blooms in my week seven post.}


I spent a few blissful hours treasure hunting at a nearby co-op, and found some lovely things!  Shown here is a case that I bought to store some film cameras in, a Golden Book of crafts and other fun things to do from 1975, two postcards postmarked 1909,  a beautiful mid century black silk and velvet hat, and an early 1900's dressing gown; just one of the several that I have recently acquired.  {In case you have a love of Victorian linens, I will be showing them in detail in an upcoming post.}


More owls!  This time in the form of an embroidery project for a hoop exchange I am taking part in.  {More details about this later, also.}  And don't you just love the owl embroidery scissors?  Owls in many forms are bringing me bliss these days.



Rounding out my bliss this week is the completion of my most recent web related undertaking; getting landing pages up for mister and I.  Though not actual web sites, these pages contain links to sites where we maintain a presence on the Internet.  Mine can be found at anitafendrock.com, and the mister's is at musicianbynight.com


I'm linking up with Liv Lane on her Choosing Beauty blog for the little Bliss List link party.  Please consider joining us!

What is bringing you bliss this week, dear friends?  Please share, I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita


6 comments:

  1. I love your film case and the look of that sweet little owl you're planning to embroider. I'm off to check out you and Mr Anita's web sites. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from Liv's Bliss List - I'm in love with that owl. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your hubs are cool to the bone:)
    I love it....just love it!
    And you:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of charity shops (roughly what you call thrift stores) and second hand shops. Look forward to seeing those antique textiles.
    Bliss this week was Friday evening arriving after a particularly hard few days at work. Then Pete's birthday on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list Anita! I love your thrift store purchases. Those were all wonderful finds. Hope this week treats you just as well. xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita