Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Bit Of Creativity

I finally got to dig into some of my craft supplies and make something!  I signed up for a Stitch Swap hosted by Mollie on her blog Wild Olive, and with the mailing deadline of March 31 fast approaching, it was time to get to work.

The guidelines said to make a 4" hoop suitable for hanging. The recipient of my finished hoop had purple on her list of favorite colors, and owls on her list of favorite motifs, so I came up with this:









Whenever I create an embroidered piece after being away from it for a while, I am reminded of how much I enjoy it.  So as soon as the hoop for the swap was complete, I started on another project, this one a tote bag with (yet another!) owl on it.  I have a real thing for them these days!  I'm thinking that if I keep an embroidery project going that I can work on when I have some free time, it will help me to move into other things.  Seeing the creative process at work spurs the creative process, don't you think?

Do you have any special tricks for getting into a creative mindset?  Please share, I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita


3 comments:

  1. Sweet embroidery!

    I like to have lots of different projects on the go at one time. I can work on which I fancy then switch when I get out of patience. Knitting, crochet, dressmaking, home furnishings, embroidery, jewellery making. My head's always buzzing with ideas for all kinds of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a pretty make! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl (of course)! But this is so amazing with all the separate, lovely little components you put together. So much attention to detail. I'ts really special.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita