Thursday, February 9, 2012

Inspiration Workshop {February 2012 Edition}

I'm linking up with Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop today, and the prompt is Organization.  Awesome!  Organization is my middle name.  I am a place-for-everything-and-everything-in-it's-place kind of girl.  I am so organized that I have a hard time understanding that people have to devote time to "getting organized".  It baffles me that everyone doesn't do it the way that I do ~ all of the time.  {{I am completely aware that this view is unreasonable and terribly judgemental of me. I can't help myself; being organized is one of the few things that I do well even when everything in my world is going crazy!  Also, some of my favorite people are the polar opposite of me when it comes to being organized, and the mix works well.  Thanks; I knew that you would understand! <wink> xo}}

My number one necessity for living the organized life?  My Filofax


I lovingly refer to mine as my book, I've been using one for my entire adult life, and it goes everywhere with me.  It is a bit slimmer these days, since I've finally added all of my contacts information to my Blackberry, but that is the only section that I transferred.  Every appointment, project and to do list gets written by hand.

Another necessity for staying organized is my creative journal. 


I use Moleskine XL Kraft Notebooks.  I usually decorate them myself; bits of fabric and vintage embellishments are my favorite.  But occasionally I will purchase one already decorated; this one can be found on Etsy.

All of my creative thoughts go into these; notes and ideas for blog posts, plans for sewing projects, sketches, ideas, dreams.  I keep the filled journals on an easily accessible shelf in my bedroom, and I refer to them often.  I like to use little post it flags, sometimes with a note on it, to help me locate the important entries quickly.

Both of these books go with me every time I leave the house, and when I'm home they're always nearby.  I even keep them on my nightstand at night; I often get my best creative ideas when the day is done and my mind gets a chance to relax.

What is your favorite way to stay organized?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

4 comments:

  1. I love having a calendar/planner to keep things all together! :)

    Stopping by from Gussy's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journal you got from Etsy, it's gorgeous. I'm keeping an art journal for the first time this year and it's really helped me to keep my creative brain organised. I can't go ANYWHERE without my diary either =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That notebook is gorgeous. I'm a chronic list maker and scribbler and usually rely on old envelopes salvaged from the recycle bin, I must be more stylish! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always try to have "a place for everything, everything in its place" but seem to have more things than places! Really, I should admit to myself that I'm not a naturally tidy person.
    As far as organisation - everyone in the house puts everything on the kitchen calendar and that seems to work.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita