Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Craft / Gift Exchange

At the end of last year, I participated in a gift exchange hosted by Linda from the blog Craftaholics Anonymous.  This is the second time I have taken part, and I really enjoy it!  It is fun to exchange emails with a person I have never met in order to determine a suitable gift for them!  {There are two of these a year, and you can sign up for an update about the next one here.  I did!}

Below is the beautiful painting that I received from my partner, Levi Montez.  Levi is a talented crafter and artist from Texas, and although he does not have a blog, his wife does.




This little painting is even sweeter in person, and is going to be a welcome addition on the shelves with my glassware in my dining room.

One of the intentions of the gift exchange is that you get to know your partner a bit, and tailor the gift to their tastes.  When I first visited Levi's wife's blog, I was thinking of pillows to match the decor in one of their newly decorated rooms.  But after doing some reading about them (they have a young daughter) and and Levi mentioning that his wife enjoyed my embroidery, I sent them this ~




Just perfect for a little girl's room, I think!

Have you participated in any gift exchanges or other crafty/ blogging projects?  If so, leave me a link in the comments so I can visit and leave you a nice comment.

Next up, I am going to take part in Sew Grateful Week, January 16 - 22, on the blog My Happy Sewing Place.  The participants will be joining Debi in using some fabric, a book or pattern received as a gift during the holiday season to make a project and link it up to her blog.  This will be my first time participating in something on her blog; I am looking forward to making a new friend or two in the process!  And I have a project all picked out from one of the awesome new books that Santa left under my tree.  Craft and sewing books make me very, very happy!

What are you working on or looking forward to starting these days?  I would love to hear!

xo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that embroidered piece. The stitches making up her hair are amazing, and the little birds are so adorable. I would have had a tough time giving this up!
    But it looks like you made an excellent trade, how cute is that little elf/gnome? Mr. Montez has some skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cheeky little gnome and that embroidered girl. Embroidery can look a bit old-fashioned but that image is refreshingly contemporary and you're right, perfect for a little girl's room. x

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita