Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweater Weather, Vintage Style

Even though it's January, we have had very little coat weather around here.  Not that I'm complaining; I love the crisp, sunny 50+ degree days!

 It's the perfect weather to feature a fabulous sweater in style!


Stunning Helen Harper Virgin Wool Twin Sets as seen in 'Charm', December 1948.


A simple pullover paired with winter walking shorts and tights is just right right now!



A ski sweater makes the perfect focal point for a winter day outfit, no snow required!


Tips for buying the perfect sweater from 'Co-Ed', October 1962.

Even though we've made it into January without snow or any true winter weather, I have no real expectation of escaping it entirely.  Just take a look at these photos from the storm dubbed Snowpocalypse, that blanketed (and shut down!) the Mid-Atlantic in February, 2010.






That was quite a storm!  What's the weather like where you are right now?  I would love to hear!

xo, Anita 

3 comments:

  1. I love those sweaters and the idea of having a long, serious talk with the salesgirl about how you want to wear the sweater. Take her advice!
    Hope you get a nice bit of wintry weather but no snowpocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Nordic style knits. I'm knitting some socks with a Fair Isle pattern on top at the moment.
    Weather here today in North East UK - bright blue skies, cold and clear, no wind for a change and no best of all snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never wear sweaters but love the Nordic ones, I wouldn't fancy knitting one myself, it would take years! x

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita