Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cold Fun In The Wintertime ~ Vintage Style









At this time every year, with the holidays behind us and spring still so far away, I resign myself to making peace with the lingering winter. 

During the years I spent living in New York and Pennsylvania, ski mountains were plentiful and just a short drive away.  For the price of a lift ticket, winter and I spent many a fun filled day together. 

Now that I live in the Mid-Atlantic, my skies gather dust in a corner somewhere, and I no longer own a pair of skates.  {I do have a closet full of fashionable winter clothing just waiting to be worn, however!}  Aside from taking a walk with my camera on a cold winter's day, I am at a loss as to how to make friends with the season. 

What do you do for fun in the winter?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. I haven't enjoyed many winter sports since I moved here where children play in golden sunshine all the day! :)
    But I do have fond memories of snow fun - the family used to pack up the station wagon and head to Tahoe every chance we got. Lots of skiing and sledding, although we never got into skating.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita