Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nurses, Circa 1918


(source)

Today, my mister, the love of my life, is in the hospital for surgery to remove the existing hardware in his hip, and if all goes well, to have his new hip put in.  I want to thank everyone who has sent well wishes and/or included us in their prayers.  I am beyond grateful to be part of such an amazing community of bloggers and friends.

And aren't those nurses (above) stunning in their uniforms?  The mister is receiving amazing care where he is, despite the fact that the care givers are not quite as beautifully attired!


Have a wonderful day, wherever you are spending it!  I'll be spending some of my waiting room time reading the blog posts that I haven't been able to keep up with over the last few days.  I'll see you there!

xoxo, Anita

7 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and healing hugs to YOU,
    friend....hope YOUR nurses attire
    makes your heart sing,
    as you'll be nursing quite a bit
    over the next weeks.
    Last year, Dec 1, my mister had his knee
    replaced. I wasn't prepared for the nursing
    I had to do!
    So be good to yourself, Anita....get plenty of rest and yummy food and drink lots of good stuff
    and let people love on you
    as often as they can.
    Sending you gentle healing hugs and prayer
    for encouragement every step of the way.
    xoxox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is a nice surprise, since I knew this was the big surgery week. Glad you have something to entertain you - time in the hospital moves soooo slowly! I expect the surgery to be an unprecedented medical success (in my completely unqualified opinion!). Hope to hear the good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photographs are beautiful! Sending well wishes to your mister! :)

    -Arielle
    www.humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending Mr Anita and you lots and lots of love and positive vibes! I hope he's out and home very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! The mister is resting from a very successful surgery; he got his new hip! I will write a new post when I can.
    Love, hugs and kisses,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I just noticed your new likeness - very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita