Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's {Still} Christmastime At Our House

It seems to me that there are two main views about the week between Christmas and the New Year.  One that moves to take the tree down, put the presents away and get back to normal life on December 26, and the other that continues with the Christmas celebrations.  We are proud members of the second group here!  (Not that I have anything against the first group; to each their own!)



With our immediate family currently residing in four different states, we rarely spend the actual holiday under one roof, but do manage to gather during the week after the holiday.  With the mister confined to the house, we are hosting this year. We have a houseful of family, and it's so very fun and festive!


I've learned recently that in some other countries the day after Christmas is also considered a holiday.  I love that; I wish we did it here in the states!  Luckily, the company that the mister works for shuts down this week every year, so it is our annual built in vacation. 

Once it quiets down around here I will be working on my resolutions for the new year, as well as implementing some plans and changes I've been working on for a while now.  Exciting stuff!  But I am in no real hurry; the time will pass all to quickly.

How do you spend the time between Christmas and New Year's?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. Pretty tree and poinsettia! Yes, in the UK we have Boxing Day after Xmas where we traditionally gave gifts to trades people. Because Xmas Day fell on a Sunday we also had Tuesday as an extra day's holiday...lucky!
    Mine's been spent planning holidays and now we're planning the New Year's Eve festivities!
    Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photograph, hello and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tree in the basket! I love your decorations.
    When I was a working person I used to take off the week after Christmas and go on a creative binge: painting and redecorating an entire room, making a quilt, or handpainting hundreds of greeting cards. Often I would stay up several nights in a row, I was so desperate for my opportunity to express some creativity!
    Now that life is more relaxed and creative expression is a daily activity, I don't do a whole lot differnt during the holiday week, except enjoy the pretty tree lights and lots of cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita