Friday, December 16, 2011

Footprints and a Healing Garden

During our stay in the hospital for the misters surgery, we were fortunate to be visited by several wonderful friends.  One of them brought the beautiful poem 'Footprints In The Sand' engraved on marble.


It has always been a favorite of mine, and now hangs in our bedroom.  Behind it in this photograph is a rooftop garden that the hospital built for moments of quiet reflection for patients and visitors.  I had hoped to get some time to go out and photograph it, but in the end took photos through the window.  It seemed that we were always waiting for someone to come in the room with an important bit of information or healing goodness, so much so that I barely made it downstairs to get something to eat most days!


I like that the window reflects back an image of the photographer (me!) taking the photo.  It adds a bit of visual interest, I think.





I hope that there is beauty outside your windows today, dear friends!  Have a wonderful Friday.  It's crazy to me that next Friday will be Christmas Eve Eve!  Is it just me, or do you feel it also?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. I love that so many hospitals are making the effort to provide a garden space. Just a little bit of fresh air, birdsong and greenery has a wonderful calming effect.
    And not only am I amazed that Christmas is only a week away, but I'm also trying to deal with the fact that the YEAR is over in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful when hospitals provide a haven to relax in. I hope Mr Anita's recovery is going well and he's being a good patient.
    It's all madness here, but not with us, we're always laid back. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your journey brings back such memories
    of last year's hospital stay with my hubbers.
    I'm so SO glad you're back in your own bed:)
    And grateful for the love that found you
    in gift and garden.
    And for the healing happening
    every second of every day.
    love and huge grace to you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita