Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday {Game Day} Sipping and Snacking


Game day kickoff is the perfect time for a Bloody Mary, I think.  After much experimentation, I have finally perfected the blend that is a hit with my team.  I would love for you to try it and tell me what you think!

Assemble the ingredients:  Vodka, V-8 Original Vegetable Juice, fresh lemons, celery salt, horseradish, Worcester sauce, hot sauce and black pepper.  Celery stalks, along with a lemon wedge, are a lovely garnish.

Blend together in a cocktail shaker over ice:  8 ounces of V-8, 3 ounces of vodka, 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcester, 8-10 drops hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon horseradish, a shake or two of celery salt and a few twists of black pepper.  Squeeze the juice from a lemon wedge on top, and shake well.  Strain into a glass, garnish with a lemon slice and some celery, and enjoy!


Today we are enjoying these with another Sunday favorite, smoked salmon.


We're topping bagel crisps with whipped cream cheese, green onion, capers and thinly sliced smoked salmon.  Delicious!


I hope that you are having a wonderful Sunday, filled with food, friends and the enjoyments of your choosing.  I'm off to cheer for my Ravens!

xoxo, Anita

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading this at 8am and craving a cocktail, is that wrong? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all, Vix! These are PERFECT for breakfast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This all looks so delicious. I love horseradish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    Thanks for share,
    * Rio Prasetyo *

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita