Monday, November 28, 2011

Positive Affirmations / Indie Artists

Welcome, first official week of the Christmas season!  Ready or not, it's here.  I'm doing my best to get all of my decorating and shopping done by the end of the week because ~ a) we have family visiting for the weekend, and b) the mister heads to the hospital on Tuesday for the first part of his surgery, which will finish with a brand new hip.

So {cyber} shopping I went!  I made some purchases on Etsy today, from artists who share positivity with their creations.  If you've ever been to my house, you know that I love for my walls to talk!  "There's no place like home", "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be" and "Live well, Laugh often, Love much" are just a few of the messages on them.  And because the best gifts given are the ones we love ourselves, I picked up a few positive pretties for some of the names on my list.  You really should check these artists out; their talents are amazing!

As you may have noticed or heard, I am a fan of Liv Lane of Choosing Beauty, so much so that I've enrolled in her blogging class for a second time!  I can't show you what I bought as gifts, but this pretty is one that I picked up a while ago in her Etsy shop:


Liv's post today led me to a page called The Feel Good Deal, a site where she posts super sweet deals every Monday.  Check it out!  My favorite part is the handmade section; while there, I discovered Volume 25, a shop filled with awesome art prints like this one:


One of my favorite quotes, ever.

My last share today is one of my favorite people in blog land, Jennifer of Ripplespeak.  I met her in Liv's blog class this summer, and both she and her blog are just beautiful.  This is just one of the offerings in her shop; in addition to prints, she makes the most beautiful note cards, all the better to share the joy with.


Stop by her blog and say "hi" when you have a moment; you'll love it!


Peace and joy to you this holiday season, dear reader.

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful choices and such lovely words, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that these artists are using their work to communicate their upbeat messages. I think we often assume that "great art" comes from some type of pain, but I don't think it's always the case. Many years ago I worked with an artist who suffered from depression and anxiety, and although her works were very interesting, you could tell something was missing - either she was holding back, or her pain was blocking her from full expression.
    The works you have shown here are perfect examples of beauty with a positive message. They make me smile.
    P.s. Hope the Mister's surgery goes smoothly and he's soon up and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heart swelling with merry thanks
    for your beautiful heart running over
    with balmy generosity, friend:)
    Soooo much thanks.
    Sending love and hopes for healing grace
    to wrap you both in the sweetest peace
    as you get that new hip in place
    and working smooth and strong.
    Huge love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita