Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Fashion

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is finding the perfect {vintage} pretties to wear for the festivities. 






New pajamas and robes are a must for meeting Santa under the tree!  And dresses are a must for everything in my world, especially holiday celebrating.  Richly colored velvets and sumptuous silks make the most festive of frocks for those special occasions.  I can hardly wait to start dressing!

Do you use clothing to invoke your holiday spirit?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. How sweet do those little girls look in the first picture? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old family holiday pictures. In the 60s and 70s there was a definite category of clothing for the family holiday - much more elegant than everyday wear, but much more festive than formal wear. (Probably the origin of the dreaded Christmas sweater.) Looking through, I see my one aunt pulled out the burgundy velvet top and coordinating plaid skirt every year, while my other aunt wore a series of more and more exuberant earrings and scarves. My mom hates one of the photos because she is wearing white shoes! In December! She thinks she must have taken leave of her senses that year. So much fun to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you look at all the possibilities
    ...you have this "don't discard what's precious,
    what's always been precious"
    way about you
    that is so endearing!
    Your art flows from such a beautiful
    place inside:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita