Monday, November 7, 2011

Felt Pumpkins {Wreath}

What a lovely weekend it was in my corner of the world!  I hope that yours was equally so.

Thanks to the suggestions in the comments on my post about my felt pumpkins, I was inspired to make a few in a smaller size, and add them to a wreath.



I wrapped a foam wreath form in 5 yards of 1" grosgrain ribbon, using straight  pins to hold it in place.


Then I used a 1 yard piece of crocheted lace to fashion a bow and a hanging loop.  I like the way that the lace ends decorate the top of the wreath.  The lace and pumpkins are both attached with straight pins as well.  This is one of my favorite ways of making a wreath to use in my own home, because I can always take it apart and reinvent it in another way.  If I was making it as a gift (or to sell!) I would have used my trusty glue gun.

In other news, the after Halloween costume party we had planned to attend was canceled, due to a death in the family of the host.  (Condolences and love to our friends.) 

We entertained the idea of going out anyway, but in the end spent the time at home.  The down time is good for the mister; it lessens impact on his hip as we wait patiently for the approaching surgery date. 

I filled the time with crafting, and assembling items for some Christmas crafts.  I was so inspired with holiday craft ideas that I even signed up for the gift exchange at Craftaholics Anonymous.  Although I had great fun with the summer edition (see my posts here and here), I wasn't sure that I would have the time for the fall edition.  I am thrilled that I changed my mind in time!  There is still time if you want to join; sign ups close today.  I would love it if I was partnered with a blog friend!  (No felt pumpkins, I promise!)

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. Cute pumpkins! I love the look of the white and orange together.
    Is your door purple, or is it just the contrast on my screen that makes it look that way? In any case, the dark color is very elegant and the white wreath really looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katrina! Yes, the front door and the shutters on my house are eggplant purple. I love the way the white pops against it. Thanks for the visit!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just so pretty! I love the addition of the lace.
    Sorry to hear of your friends' loss but happy that your crafting mojo is up and running again. x

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita