Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weathered and Aged

Earlier today the mister and I spent some time walking around our property, to make a list of the things that will need to be done before the winter weather arrives.  Repairs to things that have become weather worn, that will become damaged beyond repair if they are not addressed.  We will soon begin the tasks of scraping and painting wood doorways, sanding and staining the deck, and so on.

While we were doing this, I took some time to enjoy the items that I feel the passage of time makes better, that don't have to be restored to a more pristine state.

I just love the look these objects acquire when exposed to the elements!









How about you ~ do you like to let items such as these show their age?  Would you leave them alone, or restore them to a more pristine condition?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. love aged and weathered wood
    ...and that mossy brick path!
    (I work hard to give that cottage
    look to stone/brick paths:))
    you have such a grand eye.
    love and joy,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been back to visit this post at least 10 times in the last 2 days. Just drooling over your landscape. You mustn't refinish anything! The rust, the color of the wood, the softened edges on everything. So, so beautiful and authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, thank you so much; that means a lot coming from a professional of your caliber.

    and Katrina ~ thank you! I am so glad that you see exactly what I do in it; sometimes I think that I have just the craziest aesthetic!

    I love it when other people get what I am going for, also. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita