Monday, October 10, 2011

{Vintage} Sewing Secrets

Just as relevant today as when they were first published ~





 
I spent some time earlier today preparing fabrics for two sew-alongs I will be working on this week.

The first is taking place over on Male Pattern Boldness, where Peter is demonstrating how to make the perfect pair of boxers ~


I am planning on making a pair in each of the fabrics above, to start.  If it goes well, more will follow!

The second is on the blog A Few Threads Loose, where Anna is demonstrating the construction of three pieces of vintage lingerie. 



First up is the bra pictured here.  We will also be sewing tap pants and a slip.  I will be using the fabrics here, with the addition of ivory lace fabric and silk ribbon.

If these projects go well, I am thinking they would make great holiday gifts. (Shh, don't tell!)

Do you think that it's too early to start thinking about holiday gifts?  Or are you one of those amazing people who has everything made or purchased and maybe even wrapped by Thanksgiving?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita




1 comment:

  1. Great little pamphlet - they got so much information on four pages! I love the graphics.

    Your fabrics are gorgeous! Have fun with the sewalongs. I just started piecing together some of the lingerie patterns.

    I usually have the holiday stuff pretty well done by Thanksgiving, but realizing now my entire month of November is booked, I'm going to have to get on it!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita