Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{Vintage} Sewing Inspiration


I've been very drawn to the clean lines and amazing tailoring of the early 1960's fashions lately.  While I gravitate toward full skirted 1950's styles in cottons and silks for summer, these styles speak of brocades and wools and little matching jackets; just perfect for crisp Autumn days.  Of course, anything Jackie Kennedy inspired calls my name!  Add a pill box hat and opera length gloves?  Yes, please!

What time period inspires your seasonal sewing?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

1 comment:

  1. I can't pin it down to one period, partly because I'm still trying to grasp which styles appeared in which decades. But when Fall rolls around, I really am inspired by the matching coat and dress ensembles. Late 50s? Early 60s? It looks so luxurious and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita