Monday, October 3, 2011

A To Z Of Me.......

I've seen this fun post on several blogs recently, so I thought that I would play along.  If you'd like to learn a bit more about me, read on! xoxo



A. Age: It is not polite to ask a lady her age, so I am going to politely ignore this one.  :-)

B. Bed size: Queen.  We refer to it as the 'big white bed"; BWB for short, and we love it.  Love!  It is made up with white, high thread count, Egyptian cotton sheets, an all weather weight organic down alternative comforter, and lots of thick and fluffy (organic down alternative) pillows. It is heaven on earth and my favorite place in the house.  In the world!

C. Chore that you hate:  Cleaning the bathrooms.

D. Dogs: Two Maltese; Phoebe is 6 years 6 months old, and Dawson is 3 years 8 months. We call them "the kids", and they bring us joy every day.



E. Essential start to your day: Laying in bed with the mister and "the kids" and watching a sitcom.  It is essential to us to start our day with laughter.

F. Favorite color: Orange!

G. Gold or Silver: Both! My engagement diamond is set in white gold, and the diamond studs I always wear in my ears are set in yellow gold, so even if I accessorize with all of one or the other, I'm still mixed.  And I'm cool with that!  I have collected some lovely pieces made with both metals, and they are my usual go-to's.

H. Height: 5'10" in my stocking feet.  I regularly wear heels that bring me to 6'1" or 6'2", which is great fun!



I. Instruments you play: The clarinet is the instrument that I studied, but I also learned to play the saxophone, flute and piccolo along the way.

J. Job title: This is a work in progress!

K. Kids: See 'D' above.

L. Live: in Maryland, along the Baltimore/DC corridor, near the Chesapeake Bay.

M. Mother’s name: Loretta. {I love you, mom,  and miss you every day!}



N. Nicknames: My mom called me Twinkle Toes, Nita and Nita Bird. My sister and one or two friends call me Nita.  And the mister and I have lots of endearing names for each other, but we don't share those in public!
 
O. Overnight hospital stays: Never, and I feel very fortunate to be able to say that!


P. Pet peeves:  Grammar mistakes make me crazy!  Primarily the misuse of their, there and they're, and were and we're.  I know people who brag about their advanced (or advancing) education that regularly get these mixed up.  It makes me seriously question the quality of the education they're pursuing!
 
Q. Quote from a movie: "I'll think of it all tomorrow, at Tara.  I can stand it then.  Tomorrow , I'll think of some way to get him back.  After all, tomorrow is another day." ~ Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind.


R. Right or left handed: I'm proud to be a lefty!

S. Siblings: My little sister Loretta, who was by my side every day from the day she was born (and I was less than a year old!), to the day that we set off to separate colleges.  And my baby half sister Jacqueline, who is no longer a baby, but still my baby sis!

T. Time you wake up: by 5:30 am on weekdays.  As late as I can get away with on the weekends! Which is usually by 7 am, though I sometimes get to nap for a bit longer.


U. Underwear: My favorites come from Sandmaiden Sleepwear.

V. Vegetable you hate: Lima beans. But I will eat them if they are included in a soup or stew.

W. What makes you run late: It is my unfortunate habit to constantly be late, and one of the reasons that I am working on a reinvention.  I tend to overplan my activities prior to getting ready to go somewhere, and underestimate the amount of time that I need to ready myself.  When you add the inevitable distractions in as well, lateness almost always results! I do my best to manage it to eliminate any inconvenience to others, however, and for the most part it is only the mister and I that are affected by this {very bad!} habit of mine.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, clavical (broken as an infant), and foot (tiny break as a teen).

Y. Yummy food that you make: I pride myself on my culinary skills, so I create lots of goodness in my kitchen!

Z. Zoo animal: Giraffe, zebra, elephant, panda, koala and monkey. I prefer the graceful and/or the cute, and not so much the fierce and frightening.
 


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! That is a clever way of sharing info and shows a lot of insight into yourself.

    I'm betting everyone has "c" in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katrina! And you're right; I have yet to meet someone who says that they enjoy cleaning the bath!
    I just wrote a long comment on your stash post, and it disappeared! Poof. :-( I am hoping that it's a fluke and it shows up. If not, I will re-write it later.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita