Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gift Wrapping With Vintage Linens

Do you ever come across pretty vintage handkerchiefs and napkins when thrifting that you would just love to buy, but you pass them up because you have no idea what to do with them? 


I've discovered that they make the loveliest gift wrapping!  It is a nice way to give an unused item a new purpose, and to share your love of vintage with the recipient.


To wrap this box, which contains a pair of earrings, I used a square that is 9" by 9", and was marked at the thrift as a cocktail napkin.  I tied it up with a one yard peice of satin ribbon.



Place the box on the center of the linen and fold in the 4 corners.




Drape the ribbon across the top of the box, flip it over, twist the ribbon into a cross, and flip the box back over again.


Tie a pretty bow, and you're done!

On another note, I am really excited that today is the day that I start my 101 in 1001 project.  {If you are unfamiliar with what that is, Day Zero Project is a good resource.}  I put some serious thought into this before taking it on, and feel that it is going to be an excellent exercise in goal setting and accountability during this exciting season of my life, as I work to redefine my path and purpose.

Have you ever taken on a project like this one?  I would love to hear about it!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. Love the wrapping, so reminiscent of grandmothers and elegance and wonderful old things. I used to wrap gifts in silk scarves - essentially making it two gifts - but I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

    I have taken on similar projects or plans in the past, with varying success. One was a list of things to do by age 40, 50, 60, etc. which fell by the wayside long ago, although I have accomplished many of the things on the list. The other types of plans (more effective for me) are the ones with steps leading to a single specific goal.

    I've also found that like you I have times in my life where I want and need plans, lists,and goals, and other times where I want to fly free and see where it takes me. It's good that we have so many options in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina ~ Yes, options are wonderful! Flying free sounds wonderful; I bet that is when you are your most creative!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and elegant idea! Now I am going to check your 101 in 1001 list. I am also in the process of redefining my path and purpose! Great post, thanks Anita!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita