Saturday, October 15, 2011

{believe impossible things}

"There is no use trying,"
said Alice;
"one can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice,"
said the Queen.
"When I was your age,
I always did it for half an hour a day.
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis Carroll

I've had a few conversations recently involving what we believe in about ourselves, and our capabilities.  About what happens when you tell someone your dreams and plans, and they tell you that you can't; that you've set an impossible goal.  I keep this quote from 'Alice In Wonderland' nearby to remind me that it is important to believe impossible things.

I hope that you are having a wonderful day, filled with believing in all sorts of possible and impossible things!

xoxo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. one of my favorite quotes!
    love to you in all your
    believing,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    My mom (named Alice) once gave me a card with this quote:
    "Those who believe it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    I keep that one on my desk in case of interruptions.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita