Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I Wore ~ From The Wrong Side

The Wrong Side is what I have heard the years past the big four-oh referred to as.  This time has actually been a great season for me thus far, and my purpose in doing a regular feature under this title is to both have fun with it and to inspire others to have fun and feel good about it as well.

I decided I wanted to do a feature like this early in my blogging journey, now just over nine months along, but I was waiting until a time that I lost a bit of weight and gained a bit of muscle tone to start.   But it began to feel that waiting to reach those goals was disingenuous to the message I wanted to share, so I'm starting before I reach them.  And maybe that is the message after all; that reaching the perfect weight, or being perfectly fit, or perfectly anything isn't what makes us happy, it's what we have inside, how we share it and how we live that gets us the happy bits. 

So without further ado, the first {What I Wore ~ From The Wrong Side}. 


When we took these pictures over the weekend, I hadn't yet made the decision that I was going to do an outfit post.  The mister wanted a few pictures in his music room for his blog, so I had him snap a few of me at the same time.  So I'm not wearing anything vintage, handmade or me made; something that I will do (most of the time!) in future posts, in keeping with the theme of the blog.

I'm wearing a sundress by one of my favorite designers, Diane von Furstenberg, and bangle bracelets by Amrita Singh, via HauteLook.


For this shot, I've added a Paul Reed Smith Electric Guitar, at the misters request.  {If you're interested in learning more about it, read the mister's post here.}


And here I've added an Eric Javits hat and Lilly Pulitzer McKim flats.  I don't know what it is about the McKim's, but I can wear them for hours and walk for miles!

So there it is, my first {WIWFTWS} post.  Wishing you a feeling fabulous, wonderfully happy day!

xoxo, Anita

4 comments:

  1. You look GREAT! I just joined the gym with my DS 13. We have gone a whole 2 days now.. and oh I'm a bit sore. I did Aqua Fit today. It didn't seem too difficult while I was doing it, and it was fun for me, DS thought it was boring. I can certainly feel all of my muscles now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by our table. You look great, and tell me, can you really wear those flats all day? I have yet to find a pair that make my legs and back happy all day long.
    ~kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! It really means a lot.

    Kristen ~ yes, I really can wear those all day! I wore them the other day to the Baltimore Indy Car Races with no problem. I really don't get it, though! maybe it's that they are similar to being bare footed (my first choice) and are thongs (my second).

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful fun photos Anita! You still look amazing. Tami

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita