Saturday, September 17, 2011

Inspired Sewing {Current Patterns}

I've noticed that I am really loving knits for fall!  I am a big fan of natural fibers, but my allergies are in high gear right now (much worse than normal, thanks to excessive rain, flooding and mold) and wools are just out of the question.

These are the patterns, selected from current offerings, that I am really loving right now.  I've paired them with the fabrics I plan to make them up in.


Anthropologie used this fabric in a draped dress for Spring/Summer.  The colors are so vibrant!  I think that the fabric has a perfect year round look, so I paired it with this stunning 3/4 sleeve dress from Tracy Reese.


I stumbled across the contrast fabric I have chosen for this wrap dress when I was looking for a fabric similar to the one used for the dress pictured on the prior pattern.  {I ultimately decided not to make the Tracy Reese dress as pictured; I have a few animal print jersey dresses in my collection already.}  It is a light weight jersey with a great drape.  The fabric I chose for the dress is a mid weight hybrid jersey/crepe.


I am in love with this silk twill chevron fabric!  And since I believe that a difficult fabric deserves an easy pattern to balance it out, I chose this simple Vena Cava design for it. 


A pretty ikat jersey is paired with a drapey Very Easy Vogue pattern.  Because I love the dresses that you cut in the morning and wear in the afternoon!


Another Very Easy Vogue, and another wrap dress.  This jersey is a pretty light pink with a black feather print.  Of all of today's selections,l this is the one that I can best picture completed.  Does that mean that I should make it first, or last?

I hope that you are having an amazing weekend!

XO, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita