Friday, September 23, 2011

Fruits Of The {Autumn} Harvest

One of my favorite things about Autumn is the farm stands and farmer's markets nearby that are overflowing with amazing organic produce, grown locally!

I thought that I would share one of my favorite easy to make dishes, in the hopes that you will grab a few of your favorite reusable shopping bags, and head out to a farm stand near you ~


You will need ~

5 large or 6 medium tomatoes (diced)


     1/2 of a sweet onion (chopped)
     1 shallot (minced)
     2 cloves garlic (minced)
     6 tablespoons fresh basil (coarsely chopped)


     4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
     2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
     freshly ground black pepper, to taste
     dash Tabasco sauce (optional)

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.


Spoon over fresh spring leaf lettuce and top it with some freshly shredded cheese, as I have done here, for a delicious salad. 


It is also delicious on top of toasted garlic bread or freshly cooked pasta.  Mangia!

xoxo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. swoon!
    oh wow....yes, a must try, indeed.
    thanks for this beautiful share:)
    xoxoxo
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita! I came over here to thank you for your suggestion on the comment field (that you offered me on Peter's blog), and now I love your blog too!
    Thank you for saving me from days of wandering through Google Help.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita