Monday, September 5, 2011

Fast Cars and City Streets

Do you have a man in your life who loves cars?  Fast, sleek sports cars?  I do.  I confess that I don't really get it, but I do support it.  It's a give and take in a relationship after all ~ I go to things with him like auto races and car shows, and he goes to museums and such with me.

So off we went, to the races!



While it may look as if I am about to get in and drive this beautiful Porsche, I didn't.  I have actually never driven it, though it lives at my house and my name is on the title and the registration.  From the moment we brought it home over six years ago I resolved not to drive it ~ since cars are not my thing, I just felt that I did not have the proper reverence required to operate a machine like this one.  I have to admit that I do love riding in it, however!




This weekend was the inaugural Baltimore Festival of Speed, and the city streets, transformed by fences and bleachers and viewing screens and speakers, became a racetrack.





The convention center made a great paddock, and seeing the cars being worked on and talking to the pit crews was quite fun!





How did you spend your Labor Day weekend?  I hope that you took some time off to enjoy the holiday that celebrates American workers!

Does Labor Day symbolize the end of summer for you?  It still feels like summer here, so I tend to feel a bit conflicted about when to transition to fall. 

How about that all important debate about white after Labor Day ~ are you a yay or a nay?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

xoxo, Anita

5 comments:

  1. I'm a white anytime girl....winter white is
    gorgeous in every way!
    And that photo of you and the dreamy car took
    my breath away because I feel as if I'm transported back to my grandparent's house
    .....they had that EXACT garage door.
    EXACT! I remember it SO fondly because i used
    to stare at the design in the windows and
    let my eyes ride along....it was so beautiful to look at. Seeing it again is a rush!!!
    Wow....just amazing that a beautiful house in Roanoke Va (where i was born and lived for a while with my grandparents) seems to be resurrected in your photo!!! Wow. Just wow.
    ANYWAY, thanks for the wonderful share, Anita:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when we are unexpectedly transported to a happy memory, Jennifer? I'm happy that my post did that for you!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving some love; it is much appreciated!
    xoxo, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my Labor Day weekend at car shows. How sweet of this couple to support each others' interest :) - that's how couples should be. Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a great time together at the race. Do you guys watch Formula 1 too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob gets into everything that has to do with fast cars, Stelle! I must confess that I don't pay a lot of attention when it is on TV, but enjoy anything that I can go to live. I love the action and energy out there!
      Thanks for visiting!
      xo

      Delete
  4. What I usually do when I bumped in some car shows, I immediately take some pictures of it. What’s better is I have the chance to be with that car and pose for a great shot! Haha! Then I collect and keep those photos to save the fun and experience I had. =)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita