Saturday, August 13, 2011

Seeds Of Change ~ In The Garden ~ And In Life


The decision to start my blog came about as part of a conscious decision to change everything about my life that wasn't working.

 Rewind to October of 2010.  I left a job I had been working at for five years, which started out as my dream job, but turned into a nightmare.  For the remainder of that year, I focused on spending time with family and all of the activity that surrounds the holidays, while avoiding the huge hole that was now in the center of my life.

The arrival of the new year brought with it the realization that it was time to start a new chapter.  I decided that I wanted to find a way to make my home the center of my life, rather than the place that I visited to change my clothes and get some sleep.

That meant some major changes around here!  Staying home meant that I could no longer justify the expense of the support people I retained to do all of the things that needed to be done while I was working.  Committing to a do-it-yourself lifestyle meant that I actually had to do these things myself!

Thanks to the Gussy Sews blogging prompt for the week, I'll focus for a bit on one of the big projects I undertook this year, the landscaping.  Instead of calling a gardener at the beginning of the summer, I called a ground cover supply company, and had 10 yards of mulch dropped on the driveway ~


It's been about six weeks, and it's still very much a work in progress. 


Here is a shot of one area that we finished ~


and a shot of some of the areas that needs major attention ~



It's a lot of hard work, but I have discovered that I really enjoy the process. 

Are you planting any new seeds?  I would love to hear about it!

xoxo, Anita

3 comments:

  1. Lots of work, but it looks great and it's something you can be proud of (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Barbara! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very inspiring. I am hitting a crossroads in my life as well (mine is a little different of circumstances... I went through a divorce) but I am needing to find myself again and your post got me thinking. Thank you for inspiring me!

    Crystal (linking from gussy)
    (thebeautifulhorizon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita