Monday, August 22, 2011

{The Perfect Food}


If I had to pick my favorite single food item, it might very well be the apple.  Plentiful, versatile and downright delicious!  Just don't eat the seeds; they are {slightly} poisonous.

Beautiful also ~ don't you think?



I make a point to eat at least one every day.  I'm not sure there is scientific proof that they keep the doctor away, but it works for me. 

I like to find ways to prepare and serve them to my family; ways that they don't necessarily feel that I am forcing my favored diet of fruit and vegetables on them all the time.  The mister in particular craves all things sweet, so it can be a challenge to make them appeal to him in ways other than covering them in sugar and putting them in a pie crust. 

I succeeded this weekend, though!  I willingly make pancakes on demand now that I have discovered a mix, Krusteaz brand Buttermilk, that is heart healthy and cholesterol free.  Add diced apples and Voila!  A win-win.


Covered with warmed pure maple syrup for some natural sweetness, these will fast become a new family favorite.

What do you like to do with apples?  I would love to hear!

xoxo, Anita

1 comment:

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita