Monday, August 15, 2011

Indie Love ~ Given and Received

If you spend any time in the do-it-yourself, indie fashion, vintage and/or life style blog world, you are probably familiar with the Red Velvet Shop and the two super talented creatives behind it, Elsie and Emma.  {If not, click on the links immediately and take some time to get to know them.  Go ahead, I'll wait!}

I see that you're still here, or back.  Yay!  Because I want to show you the pretties that arrived in my mail box the other day. 



That print is absolutely perfect for my sewing studio!  {Still a work in progress, and slated to be complete mid to end September.  Stay tuned for updates!}

And what did I have to do to get these, you ask?  It was very simple, really.  As a committed supporter of indie fashion, I was super excited for the first dress line from Red Velvet this past spring, and purchased this pretty dress the day of the launch ~


It is stunning, and I love it.  {One of these days I will do an outfit post in it.}  As a sewist myself, I was particularly impressed by the workmanship, and even more so when I learned that the entire line was sewn on a machine designed for home sewing!

Fast forward to this summer, when I spotted a tweet about a Kickstarter to raise money for an industrial machine to take the line to the next level.  I made my pledge, and received these goodies as a thank you. 

Now I am looking forward to the launch of the fall line on September 1.  Be sure to check it out!  {But maybe not all at once; I'd hate to see it sell out before I get something for myself!}

Do you have an indie favorite?  Please share; I love to learn about new designers!

xo, Anita

2 comments:

  1. your post just made my day! thank you for you kindness and support. i truly am blown away by all the kind-hearted folks like you who helped us get our machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by, Emma! It is a pleasure to support Red Velvet, and I can't wait for the Fall line!
    xo, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita