Friday, July 8, 2011

An All About Summer ~ Friday Fill In The Blanks

 
 
1. My plans this summer include   visiting my hometown for the first time in ~ well, years, and hanging out with my best girls.  And lots of time spent at local harbors; Washington's National, Baltimore's Inner, and just-a-stones-throw-away Annapolis.  I love the festival like atmosphere found in these areas, as well as being near or on the water.  Summer at it's best!   .
 
2. The best summer I ever had was    definitely a childhood summer spent at my family lake house.  I miss the dirt roads and cottages setting; it's a housing development now. :-(  But every summer is the best one really; it is always best to show up fully in the present! :) .


3. Summer is  Popsicles, fireworks, bare feet, breezy dresses, fresh fruit, dining al fresco and late nights spent with the ones you love (Lauren always has the best answers!  As she should; they're her blanks, after all!)  .


4. My favorite summer food is   an entire meal prepared on my grill; old school charcoal style! And steamed clams, and fresh picked berries .
 
5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with  a lovely white wine, or a full and fruity Sangria.  Ice cold water with lots of ice.  And sun tea! .


6. My summer uniform consists of   dresses and flip flops.  Unless I am at the beach, then it's a bikini and a sarong.  I can spend an entire vacation in this outfit, as long as the sarong is big enough to tie as a dress.  I add flip flops when my toes come out of the sand, and I'm good to go!   .

7. The best thing about summer is   the long hours of daylight. I love the feeling of the winter blahs falling away as the days get longer.  The smell after a late afternoon rain.  Sitting outside on a warm night  .
 
 
I hope that you are having a wonderful day, and a wonderful summer!  Thanks for reading~
XO, Anita


1 comment:

  1. Great answers!
    Grilled food, flipflops, and lots of daylight!
    I'm your #100......YAY!
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita