Saturday, July 9, 2011

100 Followers Make Me Very Happy! ~ And, Do You Quilt?

Woo hoo!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I hit 100 blog followers yesterday, and am so incredibly excited and grateful!  Thank you to everyone who has joined me on my journey.  I love you all!  xoxo

On the subject of sewing and vintage, do you quilt?  And whether you do or you don't, are there quilts in your world that make you particularly happy?


Here I share one from my world that makes me very, very happy.  This quilt lives at my family homestead; the house that my grandparents built in 1925, and has been home to at least one member of my family ever since.  It was my home for several summers and vacations during my college years, and still feels like home to me now.  I snapped these photos during a visit last weekend.



This is a pinwheel quilt, made by my Aunt Ceil in the 1970's.  Do you see the pink floral fabric used for the second border?  I have a yard or two of that in my inherited stash, and am using it in a quilt I am putting together from quilted squares that I also inherited. 

And how about that beautiful bed?!  It is metal, and hand painted. 

Do you have a place that feels like home to you, even though you are grown up and have a home of your own?  I would love to hear about it!

Thanks so much for reading!

xoxo, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita