Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Soup and Sandwich Sunday

I really enjoy Sunday's, and the family togetherness that the day fosters.  This was a quiet Sunday here, with just the mister and I, and the puppies.  We thought about going out somewhere in Annapolis, and we thought about making a gourmet meal.  What we ended up doing was enjoying simple ways to pass the time {I caught up on some reading, while mister played his guitar}, and eating simple foods.

We started with deli meat and cheese sandwiches and homemade chicken noodle soup.  This soup is the misters favorite food, and I make a pot every week or so. 


Then we had some fresh organic cherries, which were amazing!



We finished with lemon bars fresh from the oven.  I cannot take credit for the recipe; I used a barefoot contessa box.  I highly recommend it!  I like that  it calls for fresh eggs, butter and lemon juice; it doesn't taste like something that comes from a box at all. 



I also like having leftover lemon rinds; they make my kitchen smell positively yummy when I put them in the garbage disposal!



I hope that you had a wonderful Sunday, however you spent it.  The main thing is that it leaves you feeling ready to start a new week!

xoxo, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita