Saturday, May 14, 2011

Instax Hoop

In looking for a fun way to display some of my Instax Mini photos, I came up with this:



I just sewed some tiny clothes pins onto an embroidery hoop art piece and voilà!  A pretty as a picture display of pretty pictures!  This one is hanging on a door in my kitchen.  I am contemplating which door to adorn next as I write this.

To make one for yourself all you need is a 12" wooden embroidery hoop and a scrap of fabric to cover it.  Embroider something in the center if you are so inclined, or attach a few more clothes pins there instead.  I used 11 mini clothespins, which are sewn onto the fabric.  You can actually fit 1 or two more if you would like the pictures to overlap a bit more, or 1 or 2 less to space them out a bit more.  Play around to get the look you love, and display those pretty pictures!

Happy Saturday, friends.

xoxo, a.

6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute! What a good idea :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Katie! It makes me smile:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great - wonderful idea! Love the fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Mitzi! And here is a link for the fabric, in case you would like to get some for yourself. 'Fabric and Trimmings' is one of my favorite Etsy shops. xo, Anita

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/66728934/abstract-mum-print-in-blues-and-pinks

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita