Friday, May 6, 2011

Fill In The Blank Friday




1.   What I love most about my home is       "who I share it with" - Tad Carpenter via 'Fill In The Blank' author Lauren at the little things we do... blog. Totally stealing this quote because it's perfectly true!   

2.  I'm excited because,    I'm going to the Virginia Cup horse races tomorrow for derby day festivities with wonderful friends.  It has become a tradition for Bob and I, and one of our first summer season outings every year. I love, love, love it!   

3.  My preferred method for blowing  off steam when I'm frustrated is     to vent to my Mister. He has a great deal of patience with my crazies! If it is during his work day I will run, do yoga or clean, (until he comes home and I can vent!)   .

4.  Currently I am craving   a grilled cheese sandwich. So much about this gourmet delight is not allowed in my current eating plan!  

5.  The thing I love most about my mom is     Oh my.  The answer to this question could fill a book! I lost her while I was still in college, and have always felt fortunate that we became so close before that happened. All of the issues that we had when I was in high school went away when I went away, and we became the mother and daughter who spoke every day (pre cell phone era!); true best friends. She really GOT me, and it was the best  .

6.  If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be       "Everything The Hard Way", because that is how I have learned what little I know   .

7.  If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be        an organic salad made with baby greens, fresh vegetables, berries, some shredded Locatelli cheese and grilled salmon drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Always satisfying and energizing!   



I have missed blogging this past week!   The allergy attack I had really wiped me out, but I am much better today.  I slept through the night last night for the first time in three weeks!  I think the dog fur has been completely eliminated from my house, the allergy meds seem to be keeping the pollen from bothering me, and I have an appointment soon with an allergist that comes highly recommended and who I hope can help me rebuild a tolerance to shedding four legged creatures.

I have big projects planned that I will sharing here soon, and in the upcoming summer months.  I hope that you will enjoy them right along with me!

For a bit of inspiration on a Friday, here are some words (I would credit them, but I don't know who they belong to!) that I have been using as a status update on Facebook this week.  They helped to inspire me, and hope they will do the same for you!

Be true to your word.  Respect all living things.  Listen more.  Welcome change.  Be unafraid to grow.  Quiet your mind.  Open your heart.  Extend your hand.  Love with everything you've got.

xoxo, a.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the horse race. I grew up in Maryland. We always looked forward to steeplechase races which marked the beginning of summer. So fun. Glad you are feeling better. Love the fill in the blanks above.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita