Friday, April 15, 2011

A Special Fill In The Blank Friday

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Perhaps a bit trite, but true.  Happy Friday, friends!
This Fill In The Blanks is special to me because I guest wrote the questions!  It was fun, and also afforded me a look into what Lauren has undertaken.  I am not sure that I could do this every week and remain as fresh and original as she does.  I am officially in awe of her.  Thanks for the opportunity, Lauren!  Visit her at her blog the little things we do... and I promise that you will be impressed by , too.  
1.   My favorite daily responsibility is       responding to emails and sending cards.  I love to communicate with people via the written word! The real time communication afforded by email never ceases to please me. I really enjoy remembering the life events of people with a card. I find such pleasure in discovering something hand written in my mail box, and love to give it to others as well  .

2.  My least favorite daily responsibility is,    cleaning. I adore a clean house, and task myself to maintain one, but really dislike the actual work of it. I just don't understand where all of this dust comes from! I literally have to remove it daily     .

3.  My favorite cuisine to eat when going out is    Seafood. I really enjoy the extensive availability of it where I live, and try new preparations often   .

4.  My favorite cuisine to prepare at home is     anything grilled. We have a charcoal grill, and I enjoy challenging myself to learn new grilling techniques, and to create different temperature zones to do an entire meal on the grill.   .

5.  Andy Warhol said that everyone is famous for 15 minutes. My claim to fame is     I find  this theory really interesting, but I don't think it has happened to me. Perhaps at some point in the future, I just hope that it is for something good!   

6.  If I could have 3 wishes I would wish       my health, Bob's health, and a lifetime of financial security. Wealth is not necessary, but I would like to not have to worry about the expense of unplanned events   .

7.  My biggest pet peeve is       ...oh gosh...just one? (I left this in from Lauren's answer, because it is just so true!) I have to say it is when someone shows a general disregard for others. I get especially bothered whenever I see someone holding a cell phone to their ear when driving, now that it is illegal in all areas of Metro DC. Wireless earpieces are affordable and easy to use, people!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy getting hand written notes and cards in the mail too, but am woefully neglectful of giving that joy to others. Kudos to you for doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason that is not illegal here, yet. Texting while driving is though.

    I am having a Free People give-away on my blog if you're interested.
    xo
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog!


    i'm doing a giveaway on my new blog so be sure to enter for a chance to win! it's an anthropologie item

    sarah-velasco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita