Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love Much

I made this pretty little hoop to be included in a basket of handmade items being donated for a silent auction by the Annapolis Artists Team.  I am pleased to be a part of this Etsy group, and always happy to give to a good cause.  I am particularly fond of fundraisers that children benefit from; this one is in support of a local elementary school. 


In other news on the giving front, I signed up last night to be a member of the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) e team.  What that means is that I will get emails from them containing information worthy of being passed along, which I will do via tweet, status update, and/or blog.  April 10 - 19, 2011 is National Crime Victims' Rights Week, focusing on making victims and their loved ones aware that there is help, and hope.  If you would like more information, http://www.crimevictims.gov/ will point you in the right direction. 

Love much, friends.

xoxo, a.

2 comments:

  1. So good to know other people are passionate about this too. I work for Rape Crisis in the UK, and volunteer with Victim Support. It's great that you want to raise awareness of these issues. (and your embroidery is very lovely) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nikkijoy~ thank you so much for the compliment!
    These causes are very important to me, and I am always happy to know that they are to others as well. I have plans to get certified as a counselor for Victims Resources; it is something that I have wanted to do for a long while, and am finally able to devote the necessary time to it.
    xo, a.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita