Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inspiring Books

Where do you find your inspiration?  I find so much of it here on the internet, especially from fellow bloggers.  Go to any of the blogs in the "People I Read" list, and you'll see what I mean!

But there are times that I just love to curl up with a good book.  The books pictured here are at the top of my reading pile, and each one of them is packed with inspiration to fuel your creativity.  



All of the women written about and photographed in this book are among the most amazing and creative women in the handcrafted community.  To get a look at the spaces where they make that happen is incredibly inspiring! 




As I have often mentioned in my posts, I am constantly looking for ways to improve my photography.  I am finding them on every page of this great book!



I don't think I can adequately describe how inspiring this book has been to me, and I have barely scratched the surface!  Everything you need to know about creating your own blog and filling it with meaningful content can be found both on these pages, and on the blogs of the artists and creatives covered in it. Every time I pick it up I find it harder to put down!



Sometimes the only way that I can feel creative and inspired is to pick up a pair of scissors and a needle and thread and just make something.  This treasure of a book is packed with patterns and instructions to make some of the most awesome items from felt that I have ever seen.  This book just arrived yesterday, and I am ready to dive right in!

I should mention that this is NOT a for profit blog.  I devote a lot of time in my quest to live a creative, fun and inspiring life that honors and helps to preserve our planet.  The things that I share here are items that I have come across on that journey that I feel may inspire my readers.  It is my sincere hope that they too may benefit from my efforts.

xoxo, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita