Thursday, April 7, 2011

Collections

Do you collect things?  I do; so many!  Dresses and shoes, purses, hats and gloves, pretty things made from lace, all these fill my closets.  My Mister and I love collecting so much that we have furnished and decorated our home to accommodate them almost to the point of excessive clutter.  Did I say almost?  <wink>

What exactly is a collection?  Dictionary.com defines it as "...a group of objects or an amount of material accumulated in one location; especially for some purpose or as a result of some process."

Here I present some of the pretty things that I have collected for no purpose other than the pleasure of looking at them.



Hull Art vases, made by the A.E. Hull Pottery company. The large piece is from the Magnolia collection, and the two smaller ones are identical pieces from the Wildflower series.  I was fortunate enough to have been gifted these from family members.  I haven't done the proper research to date them, but I am guessing that they belong to the 1950's.



These wooden toys were handcrafted by the Mister's father, as was the bookcase that contains them.  When we conceptualized the room that contains this collection, it was planned around it.

Housed in the same room on the opposite end are these vintage golf clubs in vintage golf bags made by Coach.



The mister built this collection one club at a time on EBay and from visits to flea markets, antique stores and thrift stores.  We shopped for them for so long that I still scout them out on every thrifting trip, even though we really don't have room for even one more!



These Hummel's are probably my favorite collection.  They were part of a larger collection that belonged to my Nana, then split between my mother and her sister, and split again between my sister and I. 



My last share of the day is my collection of fashion dolls.  I love these pretty ladies!  They are currently holding court in my living room, but will be residing in the sewing/craft room when it is complete. 

I hope that you enjoyed this little sampling.  Have a beautiful day, and happy collecting!

xoxo, a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita