Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day Fill In The Blanks

1.   The best prank I ever pulled was       convincing my best friend that I got an orange corvette for Christmas the year that we were 16. But I felt so bad for being such a convincing liar that I rarely pull pranks now!  

2.  The best prank ever pulled on me was     I can't think of one! If you pulled a good prank on me me, remind me about it in the comments!    

3.  A day without     family      is a day wasted.

4.  The most important things in life are     the small, random moments that surprise us or make us smile.  That's where the joy is.   

5.  I dream of     living by the water, sitting outside with my love in big Adirondack chairs talking together about everything and nothing while our puppies romp around us.  

6.  I dread        going to the doctor, the eye doctor or the dentist.   

7.  A discovery I made this week was       that people continue to surprise me.  I am astonished to be witnessing an adult with children and grandchildren say "no" to the opportunity to do something that they consider important merely to be spiteful.     


As always, thanks to Lauren at the little things we do... for this fun weekly post!

After the answer to number seven, I think that we are in need of some inspiring words!  Instead of a quote, I am going to share a philosophy acquired very early in my adult life that I have tried very hard to live by.

Every experience that we have with someone, good or bad, could be our last one.  We never know when we are leaving the last impression of ourselves somewhere.  Life is random, and shit happens!  Say "I'm sorry"  when it's necessary, and "I love you" at every opportunity!  Think of the things that would run through your head if these were your last moments, and address your "I wish I had..." list wherever possible.

Happy Friday, friends!  If you are a prankster I hope that you enjoy them and if you are not I hope that you avoid them!
xoxo, a.

1 comment:

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita