Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pretty Things That Are Making Me Smile

From the moment I first discovered Etsy, I have been hooked. It is a vintage loving girls dream come true!  But it is also a collection of some of the finest independent designers and artisans I have ever seen, and after only a short time as a member of the Etsy team, I have sworn to forsake mass manufactured goods in favor of hand crafted whenever possible.  I thought I would share some of my lovely finds with you.  Be cautioned however; Etsy is highly addicting! 

These first two are both hand made in Australia.  Etsy has made me global, too!  Click on the picture for a link to the lovely shop that they came from.


I just love this apron, handmade from vintage fabric and embellished with vintage buttons.  I feel fancy every time I wear it!


You know that an artist loves her creations when she names them.  These lovely brooches answer to Barry and Diana, and add charm to my winter coats.

I have been looking for just the right hoop for my cartilage piercing for a while now.  This is what I found:


It is offered in your choice of three gold colors; yellow, rose or white, three sizes, and as a single or a pair.  I got the single mini for my cartilage, and true to it's press, it is comfortable to sleep in!  It arrived super fast, just a few days after I ordered it, which made me soooo happy!  And it came complete with instructions on how to get it into your ear.  It took me a few minutes, but since I've put it in, I don't even know it is there. 

I am a fan of mixing metals, so I think I need to save for some of the other colors and sizes to wear together and separately in my multiple piercings.  Head over to 'I Dream I Can Fly' and check them out for yourself and tell me what you think!

This pretty thing has become a fast favorite for turning a bad hair day into a good hair day, or on a day when I just feel like adding a little twist.



I think that these are super versatile and look great on everyone.  If you don't mind getting lots of compliments, get one for yourself!

That's all I have for now; I'm off to do some more work on my blogging e-course.  Happy First of March!

xoxo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita