Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Noteworthy and Notable

Here is a list of the things that currently have my interest, my ear, and my attention.

I would love this album no matter where it came from, but I love it all the more because it is independently produced.  You just know when listening to an independent recording that you are hearing the artist as they truly want to be heard; no compromises needed to be made to accommodate a corporate vision.


It is no secret that I adore books, and I always have a few going at once.  My current reading list reflects what I am working on, and is populated primarily with sewing books like this one ~


I have been doing a lot of reading to refresh my dressmaking skills as I assemble the goods I need for a few new creations.  I am preparing a pattern from the 1960's, a recently reissued Vintage Vogue 1952 design, and a design of my own in the planning stages.  I am so excited to get sewing!  I will have some fabric swatches to share in a week or two.

In the meantime, The sewing machine will be making it's appearance soon, as I am getting a crib sized quilt ready to stitch.  All of that piecing will be good practice for dress patterns later! <Don't you wish sometimes that a day had 44 hours instead of 24?> :-)

If you are trying to find your place in the crafty blog world as I am, I highly recommend this book ~


Authored by the woman behind the well loved blog Tara Frey: Typing Out Loud, it contains excellent advice on finding your on line voice as well as a look into some of the more popular creative blogs.  I just received it, having initially thought it might be outdated,( it was published in 2009) but that is not at all the case.  I wish that I had it in January when I started!

And finally, a recorded work of fiction in the i-pod for my listening enjoyment during those long morning workouts ~


What currently has your interest?

xoxo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita