Thursday, March 31, 2011

Live ~ Laugh ~ Love


Here I present my very first completed Embroidery Hoop Art piece! 

It is framed in a 12 inch wooden hoop, and made entirely of vintage materials, with the exception of the hoop itself, and the embroidery flosses. 

The base fabric is by Laura Ashley, circa 1980's.   The laces, ribbon and buttons date from the 1960's; can you see in the picture that the lace edging the embroidered heart has little pink hearts on the border?  So precious!  The little pom-pom flowers are made from vintage fabrics from my stash; I am not sure of their dating because they are tiny pieces and I don't have the selvage.  The crocheted lace circle is cut from a doily I found during a recent thrifting adventure, and the rose appliqué is an Etsy find. 

I love creating hoop art!  I have two others almost completed, and several more ready to start.  I can't wait to share them with you!

Have a wonderful, crafty day!

xoxo, a.

3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely lovely Anita! Very cute vintage Laura Ashley fabric, I like it very much.
    Have a lovely day,
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita