Lauren of the little things we do has a reoccurring feature called Fill in the Blanks Friday. I didn't realize it at the time, but my original fill in the blanks post, which I adapted from an email sent out by one of my girlfriends, was actually adapted from her post first! Yay! ~ I love crediting the original source whenever possible.
Here is the Fill In The Blanks posted for this week:
1. My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is that I am a survivor. As the victim of a violent crime, I was determined from the beginning not to let it destroy me, and not to let it define me. I am proud of the fact that I am able to see the beauty in humanity despite the fact that I know from experience the ugliness that exists.
2. My favorite place to sit in my house is On my big white bed with my love and my puppies.
3. My fashion philosophy is Always be an individual. If you like it and feel fabulous in it, wear it! My wardrobe is filled with classics, both vintage and modern. I believe in investing in quality pieces that will last a lifetime, or several lifetimes!
4. Something every girl should have is self confidence. Nothing is more beautiful! And two good moisturizers; facial and body. Use them every day, even if you don't think that you need them. You will not be sorry, I promise!
5. If you looked in my purse right now you'd find.... everything! Wallet, checkbook, lip gloss, Chapstick, tissues, wipes, keys, blue tooth ear piece, hand lotion and hand sanitizer, Evian Brumisateur, hair spray, Totes umbrella, Eco Totes (say no to the plastic bag!), mints...
6. My favorite music right now is whatever Bob is playing on his guitar.
7. My favorite part of my body is all of it. And that it is all in good working order. When you live with someone that is handicapped (in Bob's case from a car accident), you really appreciate having a body that does what you need it to, and generally does not cause you pain.
And because I like to be thorough, this is the one from last Friday, which I filled out on Monday evening. It was posted between my first post and this one. I hope to keep this up every week!
1. The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is --- and ; If anyone knows a better way to express "this comes next" please let me know, because I get tired of using those soooo much! Another thing I overuse is sooooooooo.
2. Today I am thankful for the Internet, for the endless supply of new and inspiring people that I come across.
3. My best friend is my significant other, first, last and always. He has been since the first moment we met!
4. A quirky thing about me is Sooo many to choose from! I make lists for everything, am an obsessive planner, and spontaneity makes me cranky unless it's my idea.
5. This weekend I have no plans yet!
6. Something that worries me is losing my sweet puppy, Phoebe. She is the joy of my life, and only six, but I get sad sometimes when I realize how fast the time goes by.
7. On my night stand you would find my Blackberry, my Filofax, my project notebook, a can of Coke Zero, lotion, lip balm, and the Rosary Beads my grandmother got blessed by the Pope at the Vatican. While I never actually pray the Rosary, their presence comforts me.
Want to play along? Copy and paste these questions into a Fill In The Blanks Post of your own, link to Lauren's post in your comments, and post a link to your post on hers. She has about 200 people posting every week. Fun, fun!!
And for a bit of inspiration, I have this to share:
Special thanks to Cheryl, for posting the above on Facebook.
Happy Friday, dear friends!