Friday, March 25, 2011

Fill In The Blanks ~ Inspirational Friday




As always, thanks to Lauren at the little things we do... for this great weekly post!

1.   My most prized possession is  my engagement ring, because it symbolizes that my significant other and I are committed to spending the rest of our lives together.  
2.  If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be  the age that I am! Every age that I have been so far is great, and I have long been committed to not buying into our culture's age obsession.

3.  The best way to spend a weekend is at home working around the house and entertaining friends and family.
4.  My outlook on life is  to find the joy in the moments. I love the saying "We plan, God laughs!". I am a big planner and list maker, but this reminds me not to take myself too seriously.

5.  If you want to annoy me, just  be rude. People are so rushed and frazzled that we seem to have forgotten basic human kindness. If everyone had a smile for the person standing in line next to them all of us would have a better day!

6.  I am completely defenseless when it comes to anything that my significant other asks me to do! I can say no to almost anything (including chocolate frosting!) but I always give in to him.
7.  When dressing for the day one should  put on whatever makes them feel fabulous! Don't worry about trends or dress codes (unless ignoring them is either rude or will get you in trouble!), dressing to please yourself vastly improves not just your look, but also your entire outlook!
And for a bit of inspiration, here are two quotes from Elizabeth Taylor that further inspire me to strive to do more and be better, which are my goals on a daily basis:
~~"So much to do, so little done, such things to be."
~~"I feel very adventurous.  There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them."


1 comment:

  1. your blog is so cute!
    if you want you will be my follower!:)
    XOXO
    www.stylestarmjonas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita