Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Curating on Pinterest

Have you discovered Pinterest yet?  If you have, and perhaps you've curated yourself a board or several for inspiration, then you understand why I am jumping up and down and clapping my hands together in excitement.  If you haven't, head on over and take a peak at this board of pretty things I like for spring, Black and White Everywhere

Pinterest is a site where members get to create and share virtual pin boards with other members.  What is a pin board?  It is a collection of things you love from the Internet sites you visit.  The easiest way to get something you love onto a board is to install the "Pin It" button onto your toolbar, then when you come across something that you want to pin you can grab the image and add it to the board of your choice.

Your boards can be as limitless as your imagination!  Things you love, vacation ideas, inspiration for your next project, must read books, things that make you smile, things that make you cry...I could go on forever, but I think you get the point!

And then it gets really fun!  Other members can see your pins, and you can see theirs, too.  When you see something you like, you can like it or even re pin it to one of your own boards.  Every pin automatically has the source link so that the original creator gets credited, and when a pin is re pinned the first pinner gets credit, too. 

It is a really fun, eclectic community!  I love that it provides me the opportunity to see in one place a lot of great things that I just might not get to on my own.  I hope that you love it, too!

XO, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita